Taking preparedness to a whole new level

I have always liked the saying "Prepare for the worst, hope for the best". To me, it seems like the best balance between stupidly optimistic and completely paranoid.

But today my ten year old daughter Anaya completely schooled me on how to be prepared. Completely blew anything I had ever thought of or done out of the water.

72 hour kit? Beginner stuff. Food storage? Weaksauce. Keeping a Lifehammer in your car? Laaaaaame.


Anaya is preparing herself for the day she goes blind. For the past couple days she has been walking around the house with her eyes closed, using a long white wooden dowl as a walking stick. Her response when asked why she was doing this?

"I want to practice now for when I go blind. From shrapnel. During the war."

No, not the current war going on in the Middle East. She's talking about some future war. You know. The one that will leave her blind. From shrapnel.

No matter how prepared I think I am for any given situation, I don't think I'll ever be able to top that.

You win this round, Anaya.

No comments:

Post a Comment